Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week Three: Training Tuesday



10 pts.  Watch Marquee Messages – “Spray Pen Unplugged”.  This new tool is a blast!  I went crazy and started spraying everything…even the dog!  Just kidding.  I love the shimmer it gives when you use the pearl paint.  To control the spray area from getting messy, I used one of our flat boxes, opened up with a sheet from our deskpads as a safe spray zone.  I will try and take a photo to show you. 
Respond:  What are you going to spray first?  Post comment on the blog and if you have a photo, email it to me and with permission, I will post it on the blog. 
20 pts.  Watch Training Academy – Continuing Education – “Getting to Know Studio J” and “Marketing Studio J”
These courses are fabulous and help you to look at Studio J in different lights and how others might use them.
Respond:  Post on the blog 2 different people that you will market Studio J to.
30 pts.  Listen to Listening Library “How to Attract More Customers, Hostesses & Consultants" by Casey Spinks and/or (another Listening Library call on recruiting).  Did you know you can download these on your MP3 player and listen while you go for a walk?  Hey, work on two New Year’s resolutions at once.  Get some exercise and work on your business!
Respond:  Post on the blog the name of the call you listened to and the “pearl of wisdom” that you learned and will incorporate in your business.

2 comments:

  1. I want to make a Valentine themed banner like Cindy shared with us & try the spray technique on that.

    I know a few busy moms (Jill, Debbie, Val) that I'm going to talk to Studio J about.

    I loved Casey's tip about putting up flyers everywhere...I'm off to print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - I used Michele's idea to use a CTMH flat shipping box for spraying. I sprayed a brown kraft border with tulip reinker - turned out great!

    #2 - I will market Studio J to my sister and one of my friends that enjoy stamping but are too busy to scrapbook. Plus my sister has mentioned that she wanted to take a Photoshop class so that she could fix some of her digital photos.

    #3 - I listened to Casey's mp3 and it seems like posting flyers in apartment compexes is a way to find lots of new customers - not sure that I would do that since I would not have the time to do this with my full time job.

    ReplyDelete