Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back to Basics Team Challenge: Day 1

Yesterday when I walked into the grocery store, the poinsettias were gone and they had small pots with narcissus breaking through the soil and some small yellow blossoms.  I had this very physical feeling of AHHHHHH!  It was so refreshing to see a hint of spring around the corner.  With a new idea book arriving in January, going live for customers in February, I had the same feeling as I sat down to look through it page by page.  


So, with spring to look forward to, I am creating a team challenge this month that is geared toward nurturing our CTMH business/hobby with fresh soil, new color, refreshing water, and hope of great things to come.  

 Today's challenge:  Super Saturday


 5pts:         Print or buy a 2011 calendar for your CTMH events/schedule  Make sure to choose a style that works for you!  I personally have printed the "outlook" blank calendar for each month.  I like looking at an entire month at a time. 
  Respond:  Comment on the blog your calendar "style" and why it works for you! 


10 pts:       Mark your calendar with personal/family dates for first quarter (January-March).  Record all of your family commitments. Plan as far out as you can with children’s activities, church, volunteer, family time.
  Respond:  Comment on the blog about your calendar....pretty full?  Lots of space? 

20 pts:      Mark your calendar with the training & events for 2011 include Evergreen Memories team time (fourth Tuesday of the month), CTMH art & soul episode release dates (the third Tuesday of the month), convention, and Connected Hearts (Naomi's) team meetings.
  Respond:  Comment on the blog a topic or technique you would like to learn in a training.

30pts:        Select date(s) for Spring/Summer 2011 New Idea Book event.  Personally, I schedule my New Idea Book Celebration's at the end of the month - I like to have the time to have my artwork done for classes and the special. Planning the event is just part of the challenge - the other part is to set a goal for your event.  Your goal can be a sales goal, number of guests, etc.
  Respond:  Comment on the blog your event date with your goal for the event.

40 pts:      Determine open dates for gatherings/workshops for January-March.  With the days that are left, highlight all in one color, the days that you want to conduct Gatherings. Highlight the top half of the day if you are available in the daytime and the bottom half if you are available in the evening. Highlight your available days for January - March.
  Respond:  Email me five dates you have set aside for a gathering or workshop.

50 pts:      Design and send customer e-mail marketing New Idea Book event.  Finalize your event details and create an email invite to your event.  I use constant contact for my emails and newsletters.  They offer a 60 day free trial if you think you may want to explore this. 
  Respond:  Send me an invite!

  
Looking forward to hearing from you.  "See you" tomorrow.

Michele 

9 comments:

  1. Emailed to me from Jessica Booth (I didn't have my settings set up for commenting but they are now!) Way to go Jessica!

    #1 -- I like calendars by the month. I also like to see what I have in store the whole month. Week by week just doesn't seem to work for me.
    #2 -- My calendar has lots of space, but that was on purpose with the baby. I've dropped a lot of commitments so I can be home with her in the evenings and stay home more during the day as well.
    #3 -- A topic/technique I would like to talk about/learn is all the scallop edges I see on cards. I love them, but we don't have a scallop punch so do we use another companies or is there another way to make them.
    #4 -- My Idea Book Event date is Saturday, February 5th at 6pm. My goal is to have at least 3 people there. (I've had terrible attendance with these events, hence I'll be happy if just a handful of people attend).
    #5 -- see email to come
    #6 -- see invite to come soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 -- I like calendars by the month. I also like to see what I have in store the whole month. Week by week just doesn't seem to work for me.
    #2 -- My calendar has lots of space, but that was on purpose with the baby. I've dropped a lot of commitments so I can be home with her in the evenings and stay home more during the day as well.
    #3 -- A topic/technique I would like to talk about/learn is all the scallop edges I see on cards. I love them, but we don't have a scallop punch so do we use another companies or is there another way to make them.
    #4 -- My Idea Book Event date is Saturday, February 5th at 6pm. My goal is to have at least 3 people there. (I've had terrible attendance with these events, hence I'll be happy if just a handful of people attend).
    #5 -- see email to come
    #6 -- see invite to come soon
    #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele here.
    5 pts. I love the monthly calendar and I print mine blank from outlook. That way if I need to go back and make it neater or make big changes, I can print a new page. It is truly my planning document.

    10pts Boy I didn't know I was going to be so busy this year. It seems like we travel a lot which takes out big chunks of time. I am going to have to figure out how to deal with that!

    20 pts I am hoping to complete my PhD before convention this year.

    30 pts. Looking at my calendar, I am going to have to schedule my new idea book event on Sunday Feb 6th. At first I was bummed that it would be so late but then I began to think about it and this is a 6 month idea book so why the rush right? I would rather have it be a well planned event than squezzed in between trips and family events with little time and thought put into it. My goal for this is to reach out to customers whom I haven't seen for awhile. I already give my books to my club members but I would love to get it in the hands of new...old customers. Working on an incentive idea.

    Wow, this is fun! I am now going to see what I have available to schedule for other events and work on an invite. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5pts: Print or buy a 2011 calendar -- I like the pocket calendars with a month view, so I can carry it with me & I also like the calendar on my website (but trying to decide if it's worth it to keep the website - not many online orders in the past 3 months?)

    10 pts: Mark your calendar with personal/family dates for first quarter -- my months are moderately filled for the first qtr

    20 pts: Mark your calendar with the training & events for 2011 include Evergreen Memories team time -- I'd like to do an interactive layout from the Magic book

    40 pts: Determine open dates for gatherings/workshops for January-March -- see email for dates!

    Whew! That was alot for one night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1--I printed out a monthly calendar as it helps me see the whole picture of the month.

    #2--I didn't realize January was so busy already. Luckily most of the stuff is during the week leaving weekends for workshops/gathering dates.

    #3--I would like to do more Magic layouts. I haven't hardly touched my book!

    #4--I am planning to do my preview with workshop on the 22nd. I would like to sell at least $150.

    #5--1/16, 1/23, 2/5, 2/19, 3/12

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Idea Book event email is out! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scheduled my New Catalog event for Feb 20th, my goal is to have more than TWO attendees & come up with some great door prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1--I have a pocket calendar that fits easily in my purse. I prefer a month view Outlook calendar but this is more portable.

    #2--So far my calendar is pretty free. Plans always come up last minute though so that can change fast!

    #3--I would like to talk about how to organize supplies in our craft rooms/spaces and how to pack them when we go to Gatherings/crops. I always bring too much stuff!

    #4--I will have my Idea book preview as well as a workshop on 1/29/10. I would like to have at least 3 people attend.

    #5-- 1/16,1/29,2/20,3/26,3/13

    #6-- Email to follow

    ReplyDelete